Aside from taking a language test, another key area you need to do in your permanent residence Application is your education assesesment.
In order for Immigration Canada or CIC to assess the validity of your foreign degree, diploma, or certificate, you will have to submit to an Educational Credential Assessment, or ECA.
There are 5 organizations currently designated by IRCC to provide Educational Credential Assessment or ECA report services. Please note that ECAs are valid for 5 years from the date they are issued by the following organizations
- Comparative Education Service ( CES ) – $210
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) – $200
- World Education Services (WES) – $145
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) is an Alberta government service – $200
- International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) – $200
- In order to be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program(FSWP) as a principal applicant, you will need an ECA.
Always remember for Federal Skilled Worker Program(FSWP) as well as the Skilled Trades program (FST) and Canadian Experience Class program (CEC) you must include your ECA results in your online Express Entry Profile to be awarded points. If you already possess a Canadian degree, diploma, or certificate, then you do not need an ECA.
That’s it Paps, thank you for Supporting WhenInHalifax #SharingIsCaring. Don’t Forget to visit our Youtube Channel for more Tips and Guide in your Canada Dream.
*We are not Immigration Consultant nor Agency we are here to Help you and Guide and all the information you read or saw are from www.canada.ca the official website of Canada and base from our experience.